Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Wow, its been along time since I posted!  I have thought about it so much, but it just hasn't made it to the top of the daily "get 'er done list".  The past few months have been a very, very difficult time as far as our healing goes and it really has taken all that I have to make it through each day, but God has, as always at the hour of need, brought us to a new place in our healing journey, but that is for another post.  This one is about Thanksgiving!  I love food and I love cooking and I love giving thanks and I love history and I love tradition, so Thanksgiving is a holiday that I truly treasure.  This year our diet was greatly expanded and so our menu was really fun.  This is it:
  • Brined Natural Turkey
  • Spagetti Squash Stuffing (inspired by my brother!)
  • 3 Squash Casserole
  • Roasted Brussel Sprouts
  • Sauted Delicato Squash
  • Green Beans and Bacon
  • Homemade Cranberry-Apple Sauce
  • Simmered Collard Greens
  • Pan-Drippings
  • Coconut Crusted Walnut Torte
  • Walnut Crusted Apple Pie
The kids were so fun to watch as they tucked into there fully loaded plates!  The littlest had been so excited about our feast and the meal certainly seemed to have met his 5 year old expectations, which is saying alot!  I could not thank God enough for the new step in healing and for the amazing foods that He has created for us to enjoy. 

Recipes to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment